Logan loved the outdoors and was passionate about helping to create a cleaner, more sustainable environment. She often talked about how the barrier reefs are dying, that bees are becoming extinct, the need for butterfly gardens to pollinate flowers, and the delicate balance of our entire ecosystem. Logan educated her family and friends about paper straws to protect sea life, reducing the use of plastic bottles, and eliminating plastic bags that get caught in trees and pollute our water. Logan loved to shop, but she often would go to thrift stores to reduce her footprint…yet was always chic and fashionable!
We all can do our part, no matter how small, to help improve the environment. On Earth Day (April 22, 2019), and every day, here are some ideas to get you started along with links to more resources.
- Reduce your use of everyday plastics
- Shorten your showers and consider a water-efficient shower-head
- Use sunscreens that are oxybenzone-free
- Don’t use chemical pesticides and fertilizers
- Add more vegetarian meals to your diet
- Bring a travel mug to your coffee shop
- Carry a sports bottle for drinking water
- Engage in sustainable or eco-tourism
- Buy clothing and furniture second-hand
- Purchase local products to cut down on goods transportation
- Plan errands in batches for less automobile pollution
Sources and additional ideas: